Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Neroli Hydrosol - For Keeps!

With such unpredictable weather nowadays, it's no wonder that the flu bug is looming at every corner. I had a really bad sore throat, which worsened at an alarming rate. In an attempt to allay the onset of the flu,I tried many traditional remedies like  honey water, pi pa gao, salt water etc. These, however, only managed to sooth my poor throat that was so sore.

Then I remembered my Neroli hyrdosol - which I had previously blogged about at here! My throat was already very inflammed by then and I intended to visit the doctor the next day already. But I sprayed it on my neck, patted it in and repeated these steps a couple of times before I slept. Alas! My sore throat recovered in 2 nights.

Antiseptic
This is pretty self explanatory, but Neroli hydrosol works by destroying microbes and preventing their development. In order for the skin to absorb the hydrosol, pat in after spraying. In fact, another property of this hydrosol is Febrifuge, whereby it combats fever!

Good for skin
It is great for oily skin as it regulates oiliness. Neroli hydrosol can be mixed with other hydrosols for different effects: with Rose hydrosol for dry and mature skin; with Witch Hazel to clear acne and blemished skin, especially if the skin lacks moisture. In fact, Neroli hydrosol can reduce the appearance of fragile or broken capillaries and varicose veins as well with regular usage.

While regulating the sebum production, the hydrosol effectively minimises pores, making skin look smoother. This property of the Neroli hydrosol is heightened when Witch Hazel hydrosol - another strong astringent - is added.

Useful for stomach problems
Because of the intestinal infection that I was previously down with, symptoms such as flatulence and nausea were frequently experienced. But these were easily eased with this wonderful hydrosol. I massaged the hydrosol on the tummy to relieve flatulence; as well as from the neck all the way down to the chest, in order to ease the nausea I was suffering from.


Multi purposes
Intrigued by the many usages of this hydrosol, I did a quick search and found all these amazing properties of it! More of the uses can found here.
  • Antidepressant – alleviates depression
  • Antispasmodic – prevents or relieves spasms, convulsions
  • Antitoxic – helps counteract effects of bacterial toxins
  • Aphrodisiac an agent which is used to increase sexual desire
  • Cicatrisant – helps wounds to heal
  • Deodorant – to inhibit the growth of bacteria which cause odors
  • Sedative - reduces nervous tension, stress and anxiety
  • Stomachic – good for the stomach, gastric tonic, digestive aid
  • Tonic – invigorates, refreshes and restores body functions
Scent needs getting used to
I must admit that while all sites claim that the scent of the Neroli hydrosol is uplifting and floral, it does not seem so to me. In fact, it has the musky smell that takes me some getting used to.

Conclusion
For all the wonderful properties, I will definitely repurchase this! In fact, I am already into my third 8oz bottle.

You may get this from Whoopeekiddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment