Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Green Food - Green Magma® Barley Grass Juice Powder

Green Magma® Barley Grass Juice Powder

I was on the look out for supplements that detoxify, as I suspected that my breakout was due to internal wellbeing, especially after reading Sesame’s article. Having been on Barley Grass Juice powder supplement for a few months now, I am glad to say that it has more than improved my complexion. It has also eased my stomach problems. Being an alkaline supplement, it has helped to neutralize the excess stomach acid, which is the main cause of my frequent stomach upsets.



Green Magma® Barley Grass supplement actually comes in two forms: capsules and powdered. I chose the latter simply because I could not bear with the idea of swallowing pills. Barley Grass powder detoxifies gently – no laxatives contained – and can be taken on its own or mixed in with any drinks. According to Green Foods, the supplement itself contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, chlorophyll, carotenoids and flavonoids amongst others. Many flavonoids are antioxidants and some of these can inhibit the development of fluids that result in diarrhea – just what I need help with. Another attraction is the chlorophyll contained. As I don’t take vegetables, I need another source of chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll has many health benefits and is available as a liquid supplement. One important property is being anti-inflammatory. Amongst others, chlorophyll enhances wound-healing as it stimulates the growth and repair of tissues. One bonus of chlorophyll is it reduces bad breath and body odour. Other health benefits taken from here include:

  1. Delivers magnesium and helps the blood to carry oxygen to all cells and tissues. 
  2. It is also found to be useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals.
  3. A good source of antioxidant nutrients such as vitamins such as A, C and E – neutralize free radicals that damage healthy cells. 
  4. Can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.

The reason for the improvement in my complexion is probably due to the chlorophyll, for which I am very thankful.

Alkaline
Since most food are acidic, it is essential for us to increase the pH level of the system by taking alkaline food. According to this link that Sesame provided in a recent entry, Barley Grass is alkaline and should be taken often! In the same link, we also find out that most fruits are actually slightly acidic!

Increased Energy Levels
A bonus I got from this supplement was increased energy levels. For me, energy level was always sluggish – I was feeling tired and sleepy regardless of the number of sleeping hours. Of course, a supplement by itself is not sufficient if lifestyle changes are not made. I have signed up for weekly Yoga classes, which may have contributed to improved wellbeing. In fact, my immunity is now enhanced too! I have not taken ill for nearly 8 months ever since I have started making these small changes in my lifestyle, in contrast to my little ailments here and there before the changes.

Easily flushed out of the system
While supplements are always touted as an all-in-one, each individual requires different amounts of a specific nutrient. For most supplements, unutilised amounts become toxins in the system and are removed only by the liver. This supplement, however, is all-natural and hence easily flushed out of the system. It does not remain in the body as toxins.

Taste
Green Magma® Barley Grass Juice powder tastes a little like seaweed. I take the supplement every morning, adding a teaspoon of the powder to half a glass of honey water. Initially I had to add more honey as the taste of the supplement was a little overwhelming to me – I do not take vegetables! The amount of honey I add has gradually decreased as I am now accustomed to the taste of it. You may add the powder to any of your favourite juices. Note that this is to be taken on an empty stomach, either 20 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after one.

Conclusion
So if you are experiencing sluggish energy levels, or low immunity, or frequent stomach problems, you may want to give this supplement a try!

I am already into my 3rd bottle – you only require one serving a day, which is only that of a heaped teaspoon! One bottle lasts for at least 2 months.

You can purchase this at OG and other major health stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment